Looking for the perfect bite-sized appetizer that’s sure to impress your guests? Look no further than our recipe for Blinis! These delicate and delicious pancakes are the perfect canvas for all sorts of toppings, but we’ve taken it to the next level with the addition of beetroot gel, crème fraîche, and salmon caviar.
The combination of earthy beetroot, tangy creme fraiche, and salty caviar is an explosion of flavor in your mouth. Plus, with their small size, blinis make the perfect little amuse bouche to kick off any meal or event. Read on for our easy and impressive recipe, featuring some of the special ingredients available from Special Ingredients Europe.
Blini – Perfect tiny amuses
- piping bags
- 8 pieces blini
- 125 gram crème fraîche
- salmon caviar
Prepare the beetroot gel
- Stir all dry ingredients (Gellan and Xanthan) well so that you don't end up with lumps in your gel.
- Mix beetroot juice and balsamic vinegar together in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Mix in the dry ingredients with the beetroot/balsamic juice and with a whisk, bring to the boil while stirring. Remove the pan from the heat as soon as it boils.
- Pour the gel into a wide container so that it solidifies faster. Allow the gel to cool completely, this will take about 20 minutes. You must be able to turn the container of gel upside down without the gel running out…
- Put the gel in a high measuring cup and mix the blocks of hard gel into a soft gel with the hand blender (or use a regular blender)
- Add to piping bag and store for the next steps: creating the Blini's.
Prepare the crème fraîche
- Mix the crème fraîche with a spatula for about 2 minutes until it has a creamy consistency and transfer it to a piping bag.
- Now you have all things ready to build these beautiful blini's:– two piping bags (beetroot gel, and crème fraîche)– blini's – salmon caviar– parsley
Build the Blini's
- First, layer the beetroot gel, and then add a layer of crème fraîche on top
- Finally, add the salmon caviar and parsley. That's it!
- Serve and enjoy this perfect little amuse. Happy cooking!