Mojito Cocktails. Served as Spheres! How cool is that. This delicious and innovative cocktail is a perfect addition to any party or as an amuse. Our recipe takes the classic mojito and transforms it into a visually stunning and mouth-watering cocktail sphere.
These spheres are bursting with refreshing flavors of lime, mint, and rum, encapsulated in a thin, delicate membrane. They are easy to make and will impress your guests with their unique presentation and explosive flavor. Follow our step-by-step recipe to create the perfect Mojito Cocktail Spheres for your next event.
Mojito Cocktail Spheres
- Stir the Mojito and the Calcium Lactate in a bowl until the calcium lactate is completely dissolved.3 gram Calcium Lactate, 150 gram Mojito cocktail mixture
- Cut the fresh mint into small strips. Place the mold on a hard surface, such as a cutting board. This way you can easily transport it to the freezer later. Fill the Silicone Half Sphere Mould with the mint leaves.mint leaves
- Now fill the Silicone Half Sphere Mould with the mojito-calcium lactate mixture. Place the mold in the freezer for two hours.
- Fill a tall measuring cup with 600 grams of water and add 3 grams of sodium alginate. Mix the alginate well with the water so that there are no lumps left. Then pour the water-alginate mixture into a container and let it rest for 15 minutes. This will make the air bubbles disappear, which will give a better result later.3 gram Sodium Alginate
- After two hours, get your equipment ready for the final phase of this bizarre recipe:– the alginate bath– a container of cold, clean tap water– a spoon with holes– a clean tea towel– the frozen mojito dumplings
- Place the frozen spheres in the alginate bath. The trick now is to move them occasionally with the spoon for the first 30 seconds or so so that they don't freeze to the bottom. However, the spheres must not touch each other, then they will stick together.The spheres thaw completely in the alginate bath in about 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, carefully scoop the spheres out of the alginate bath using the Molecular Collecting Spoon and pat them dry with the clean cloth. Now place them in the tap water to rinse off all the alginate. Gently stir the water with the perforated spoon to clean the bulbs completely.
- Serve and enjoy!