Get ready to add some fun and flair to your desserts and cheese platters with our Honey Pearls with using Agar ! Made with agar agar, these sweet and soft pearls offer a new twist on traditional honey treats. With just a handful of ingredients you can create a unique and delightful addition to your desserts that will impress your family and friends. Plus, with the added bonus of being gluten-free and vegan, this recipe is a crowd-pleaser for everyone!
Honey Pearls with Agar Agar
- 2 g Agar Agar
- 150 ml Water
- 50 g Honey
- 300 ml Vegetable Oil
- Put the vegetable oil in a glass and put it in the fridge to cool an hour before you start with the rest.
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and agar agar powder. Whisk well to combine.
- Add the honey and whisk again to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the agar agar and honey are completely dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a Spherification Bottle or Food Syringe.
- Squeeze small drops of the honey mixture into the cold oil. Due to the temperature difference, the gel of the honey pearls will set fast.
- Serve the honey pearls to add sweetness and texture to your favorite desserts or cheese platter.