Get ready to impress your guests with our Red Port Spaghetti-Like Gels with Agar Agar! This fun and unique recipe uses agar agar and red port wine to create stunning, spaghetti-like strands that are sure to elevate any dish. Perfect for adding some flair to a cheese platter or garnishing a sweet dessert, this recipe is versatile and can be tailored to your liking. You can also experiment with different flavors and colors to create a range of spaghetti-like gels.
Red Port Spaghetti-Like – with Agar Agar
- 2 g Agar Agar
- 150 ml Water
- 50 ml Red Port Wine
- 20 g Granulated Sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, agar agar powder, red port wine, and granulated sugar. Whisk well to combine.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat until it comes to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the agar agar and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Cut a length of silicon tubing to your desired spaghetti length. Make sure the inside diameter is small enough to hold the gel mixture.
- Fill a food syringe with the gel mixture and carefully inject it into the tubing.
- Hold the tubing under cold water to allow the gel to set (inside the tubing). This probably takes a minute or so.
- Once the gel has set, gently remove the syringe by taking it of the tubing. Add some water to the syringe, re-attach the syringe to the tube and 'push' the gel out of the tube using the water pressure.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the gel into spaghetti-like strands. Store until needed (up to two days)
- Use it as a garnish for desserts, cheese platters or other dishes.