Let’s transform ordinary peanut butter into a magical, fluffy powder! Our secret ingredient? Maltodextrin! This amazing additive helps us turn high-fat substances, like peanut butter, into a light, airy powder that is fun to work with and delightful to taste.
In modern gastronomy, maltodextrin is used to transform high-fat liquids into powders. For example, professional chefs might use maltodextrin to create a “soil” or “sand” effect with foods like olive oil or chocolate, adding a visually interesting and texturally unique element to dishes.
Whether you’re a professional chef, a home cook, or simply a food enthusiast, this recipe will open up a whole new realm of culinary possibilities for you! Imagine the surprise on your friends’ faces when they see familiar peanut butter in an entirely new form! Add it on cakes, desserts or as way to create ‘edible sand’.
Remember, cooking is not just a daily chore, it’s an opportunity to express your creativity and passion. So don’t be afraid to experiment and try something new!
Ps. If you ready to experiment further: try this with Nutella, or some olive oil :).
Peanut Butter Powder – with Maltodextrin
- Food processor
- 50 gram Smooth Peanut Butter
- 100 gram Maltodextrin
- Place the smooth peanut butter in a food processor.
- Slowly add maltodextrin to the food processor while it is running.
- Continue to blend until the mixture forms a light, fluffy powder.
- Store the peanut butter powder in an airtight container until you are ready to use it.