Introducing our latest recipe featuring the innovative and versatile ingredient – Methyl Cellulose. This plant-based ingredient has become increasingly popular in vegan and vegetarian cooking due to its unique properties.
Methyl Cellulose is a vegan alternative to gelatine and has the ability to create a gel-like texture, making it ideal for use in vegan meat substitutes such as these delicious Vegan Meatballs. Combined with vital wheat gluten, nutritional yeast, and a blend of herbs and spices, these meatballs are not only healthy and cruelty-free, but also pack a flavor punch.
Give our Methyl Cellulose Vegan Meatballs a try and enjoy a tasty and ethical meal!
Vegan Meatballs – with Methyl Cellulose
- 20 gram Methylcellulose
- 120 gram Vital wheat gluten
- 30 gram Nutritional yeast
- 5 gram Garlic powder
- 5 gram Onion powder
- 240 ml Vegetable broth
- 30 ml Soy sauce
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 120 gram Breadcrumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the Methyl Cellulose, vital wheat gluten, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Add the vegetable broth, soy sauce, and olive oil, and mix well to form a dough.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes until it becomes elastic and pliable.
- Divide the dough into small pieces and roll them into meatball shapes.
- Roll the meatballs in breadcrumbs, making sure they are fully coated.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a small amount of olive oil.
- Add the meatballs to the skillet and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Serve hot with your favorite sauce and enjoy!