Looking for a super easy way to make your own popping boba at home? Look no further than this recipe, which uses sodium alginate and calcium lactate to create delicious, chewy pearls that burst with flavor. With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you can create your own customized boba flavors and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills.
Not convinced yet? This video demonstrates that even children can make this!
Super Easy Bubble Tea with Flavored Alginate Pearls
- In a small bowl, whisk together calcium lactate and the 1000 grams (1 Liter) of water until fully dissolved. Let it rest for 4 hours (or overnight)
- Bring water to a boil and add tea leaves. Steep for 5 minutes, then strain and let cool.
- In a blender, combine cooled tea, sugar, milk, and 120 grams of ice. Blend until smooth.
- In another small bowl, whisk together sodium alginate and the fruit juice until fully dissolved. Optionally: add food colouring and stir until smooth.
- Using a pipet or a syringe, or Spherification Bottle, drop small droplets of the alginate mixture into the calcium lactate solution. Let the droplets sit in the solution for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the 'pearls' from the solution with a slotted spoon and rinse them in a bowl of fresh water.
- Add the alginate pearls to the bottom of a glass, then pour in the tea mixture. Serve with a thick straw.